Saturday, April 25, 2009

Fun in the Snow...and the sun!

I am sure you all know the crazy weather that we've been having. It was beautiful and perfect for Spring, and then the terrible cold front. There was SO much snow. I saw this as a terrible day. It totally ruined my day. But Ty saw this as the perfect opportunity to make one last snowman. I couldn't smash his dreams, so out into the snow we went.

Ty, perfecting the snowman.


Jordo finally managed to make a 'snowball'

We also made a snow slide and Jordo wanted to be first to go down.

Ty wanted to be wild and crazy and went down sideways.

And only a few days later, the snow was completely gone and it was warm enough for the sprinklers to come out.

Ty was much braver than last year and jumped right in.

Jordo slipped while checking out Elmo first thing and got a little shocked from the cold, so he kept a little more distance but still had loads of fun.

We were outside ALL day and had a great time. If you ask me, I'd take sprinklers over snow any day. But I guess the snow makes us appreciate the sun.

5 comments:

Dave and Ashley Gay said...

We had a week like that too a month ago. It snowed 7 inches (first time in 6 years that snow stuck) and then a week later it was in the 80's!

Jimmy, Cassie and Family said...

Looks like they had alot of fun!

Emily said...

I'm so sorry that I completely forgot to announce the recipe exchange! I will help make phone calls if you want. Just let me know. :)

Rach, Mike, Allie and Hadley said...

Only in Utah!

Matt, Karin, Sienna, Sadie & Tanner said...

I thought weather in TX was bipolar. I cannot believe the snow you guys got the first part of April.