Monday, January 28, 2008

A Day with Ty and Jordo

Winter is a very rough time on my two very active boys. They need room to run and kick balls. So pretty much you do what you can to stay entertained. Here are a few of our attempts to keep from getting the winter blues.
Our front room becomes a baseball, soccer and football field, even a golf course. Ty hits, kicks, throws and does it all over again. Today was when I would pitch and he would hit every ball we own with a baseball bat. Then we would gather them up and start over. You can't see the ones down the hall, in the kitchen and on the stairs.
Ty has figured out play dough! For a while there it wasn't a good idea because he would end up eating it. But now he is a pro, and gets very creative. He loves this as I am sure most kids do, and once he is bored with yellow, we pull out the red and it is like a whole new game!
This is what Jordo likes to do while Ty does the play dough thing. He is a climber and doesn't seem to have much fear. A few of his other favorites are pulling all the movies and DVDs out, getting into the cereal or pounding on the bathtub.
That's my Ty.
Everyone here at our house will be thrilled when it warms up a bit. We will be outside just as soon as we can. Here's hoping spring comes soon!

7 comments:

Cara said...

They are getting way to big way to fast! So cute. I agree, let's hope spring gets here quick before I pull my hair out.

ty and megs said...

ditto to the pulling out of the hair. where are you spring, my long lost love!?

Cal and Whit said...

ha ha! love Megs comment! I love the pics of your boys! So darling. What a fun time to be able to spend with them.

emily said...

I can't tell you how much I love your blog. I brings back so many memories of when my kids were little. I remember those days of Marshall playing with every ball he could find. I thought I could never keep my house clean...that was when I adopted the bin clean-up method. All toys and balls went into a big bin and then I was DONE!! Everyday they came out all over the house, but every night they were put back in the bin and all was CLEAN!! I loved it.

Your boys are so stinkin cute I love your blog.

JPHOWARDFAMILY said...

I understand the everything everywhere. I just can't be that imaginative with Braden. I have a hard time being a super villian that is trying to destroy the world. I guess that I will keep working on it!!

Matt, Karin, Sienna, Sadie & Tanner said...

Sounds like Jordan and Sienna are very similar. Her favorite things involve getting out the DVDs, making messes with cereal, and playing in or around the tub. Your boys are super cute. Ty is getting so big and smart!

Karin

Melissa said...

I know exactly how you feel. I am sick of walking the mall to "just get out." It seems like everyday I pick up a million books, dolls, and baby bottles from the floor. It will be nice when the weather gets warmer to go to the park and the swimming pool!!