Thursday, January 10, 2008

Another Milestone!

Everyday there is something new with my two very energetic, little boys. A lot of my days are keeping Jordo away from outlets and trying to save him from falling too hard, playing baseball and puzzles with Ty (which he would much rather be doing with his Dad). So needless to say, my attention gets split wherever it is needed. But we've reached another milestone! Jordan is finally getting old enough to 'play'. I came into the room the other day and saw this:

Hurray for brothers that can be buddies! (Below: Ty really was having fun, he just gets goofy in front of the camera)

Ty was showing Jordo how to play with his farm and Jordo was completely fascinated with Ty. It is so great that they will actually play together. There are still times when Ty feels like his space has been invaded, but then again, there will always be those times. Ty is such a good big brother, he loves making Jordan laugh and Jordo lights up when he sees Ty. This is just one of the many things I love about being a mom to my two great boys.

10 comments:

Kara said...

So sweet! We still have the drag the baby around by her legs action going on over here, so count your blessings! Jordan seems like such a smiley boy!

ty and megs said...

hooray! i loved when mckinlay was old enough to "play". i bet that is so fun to watch you little boys becoming best friends. :) i love it!

Cal and Whit said...

What sweet little boys! I love the look on both of their faces! Priceless, their look on their faces, and that now they can play together!

Dave and Ashley Gay said...

You should post big images so we can blow them up and see them better.

Jen said...

Hey Aubrey, I found your blog through Marie's. Your two little boys are so cute!!! I can't believe how big Ty is!! He was just a baby when you moved.

Craig and Jessica Smith said...

I love this post because I totally remember when Blake and Devin finally started to play together. They are best buddies now and I am so glad that we had them close together. (I can say that now that they are older) Enjoy every minute because pretty soon you will look and they are getting ready for jr. high. (Scary but true)

Melissa said...

How awesome!! I can't wait for Halle to have a little brother or sister to play with. It is so sweet to see them playing with each other instead of beating up on each other- which I am sure will happen one day!!

Matt, Karin, Sienna, Sadie & Tanner said...

Hey Aubrey (this is Karin that used to work with Kevin.) Your boys are adorable! Ty is getting so tall and I can't believe how much Jordan has changed. How is it having 2 kids so close? I am expecting again and Sienna will only be 16 months when I have the next one. Anyway, just wanted to say hi. Love your blog.

Karin

emily said...

I remember being so glad when they could finally start playing together!! It really is a great age. Soon they will get into the age when they can fight with each other also...another good age. But, what is best is that you realize that they have each other and that they will forever. That is a good thing.

Cara said...

So cute! I love when they can play and entertain each other.