Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Let it Snow!

Not really though. I think snow is one of the main reasons I would like to skip winter, but for some reason or another, there is something exciting about the first real snow of the season. This year, the reason is my kids! It was so fun to see Ty's eyes light up at the sight of the snow and rush to go outside to feel what it was like. He loved touching and playing with it, but then quickly realized the down side, it was COLD! He came in the house with his fists clenched and lips pulled tight saying, "I fweezin'!" But within seconds he was ready to go for another round. It looks like I will be out in the snow more than I would care this year, because Ty will want to be out there. But I can deal with a little cold for the sake of my crazy little boy getting some winter fun. Plus, as you can see, he has a great dad and grandpa that will willingly take him out to play too. In spite of the downsides to cold snowy winters, they sure do put you in the mood for the holiday season, and this one will be a fun one with two very energetic and enthusiastic boys!

4 comments:

ty and megs said...

there is something magical about the first snow isn't there? i'm so excited to see what mckinlay thinks of it. the weather is nuts here right now. 2 days ago i was in shorts and a t-shirt and sweating and today is 50 degrees and totally rainy! but i shouldn't be in a rush for true winter to hit. it gets so DARN cold here in boston!!

Cal and Whit said...

ohhh sooo fun! I can't wait until there is enough snow that he gets to build a snow man! Hooray for the first snow fall...Also, horray that it did not stay too long!

emily said...

Growing up in Vegas I thought that I would never like the snow and then I too had kids. Kids make everything better!! There is nothing better than hearing your kids frolic in the snow and laugh and play. I love hearing it while inside making hot chocolate and cookies, I tell you nothing better.

Cara said...

Awesome snow pictures! It really was like being inside a snow globe, wasn't it.