Thursday, October 18, 2007

The Pumpkin Patch

Every year, Bud, a neighbor and friend of Kev's family, sells pumpkins. His whole yard is full of the different piles and sizes, even different colors. It has become quite the popular spot for families to stop for their yearly pumpkin purchases. It is fun to roam through the pumkins, searching for the perfect one, and then give your dollar, or two (depending on the size) to Farmer Bud. We went last year when Ty really didn't understand what was going on. But this year... ..couldn't have been more fun. Ty found many pumpkins that he would have gladly taken as his own. He was running from pile to pile picking up and moving around as many pumpkins as he could carry. Grandpa tried to help him pick the perfect one, but in the end, Ty and his persistent personality, wanted to pick his own.We did take one home that was just his size and instead of putting it on the porch with the others, it sits in the car so when we go anywhere, his pumpkin goes too, right on his lap. Sitting in a pile a pumkins was about all Jordan could do to participate, but he did a pretty good job! Thanks to Farmer Bud and his sweet wife for the Perfect Pumpkin Patch and making this such a fun family tradition!

9 comments:

Ashlee said...

Hello Shaws! It's Ashlee Mcallister Millar

So Rach found my blog somehow and through hers I found yours! Your family is so cute. I can't beleive Tyler is almost two. Time has gone by so fast.
Don't you just love Bud. He loves doing things for people! Your pictures are adorable, oh how I miss the col-de-sac parties. Say hi to everyone.

Dave and Ashley Gay said...

We are so excited to see our nephews! I can hardly wait two whole months! Hopefully Ty hasn't forgot me by then... :) I love the updates, keep 'em coming!

Ash

Katie said...

So glad you found me. I'm surprised you found us through Jen and Jake b/c I didn't even know THEY had a blog! I love the pumpkin neighbor patch. I can't believe I haven't even seen baby #2 and he's all grown up! Such a cute family.

Craig and Jessica Smith said...

I love these pictures and your boys are so dang cute. I feel bad that I have never seen Jordan and we all live right here. Hopefully we will see you all soon. Until then we can keep in touch with each other through our blogs!

Cara said...

Aubrey....they are growing up WAY to fast. You guys are such a cute family. Thanks for sharing. I love seeing what you guys are up to. Sorry for dropping the ball on planning dinner. I'll try to do better! Life is so busy.

Jenny said...

So cute-
We got our pumpkins from Bud, too. We love Bud. Take pictures of Ty and Jordo on Halloween for us, O.K?

emily said...

What great pictures. I love nothing more than a baby in a pumpkin patch!! I wish I knew a Bud up here in Salt Lake. My kids LOVE picking out pumpkins every year, what a great thing to do. Your kids are so stinkin cute and that little Jordan, what a Shaw.

Cal and Whit said...

How fun!! Your boys look so darling! What a fun thing for a neat neighbor to do! We just had to get our pumpkin from Walmart...not as much fun! Love the pics!

heather said...

Hi Kevin and Aubrey,
This is your cousin Heather. I was excited to see your blog link on Jessie's. Now I can keep up with all you are doing. What cute boys! It is definitely fun having boys. It's so great that there is such a fun way to keep up with family, even if we do live in the same state it seems hard to see each other. So yeah for blogs!