Thursday, September 27, 2007

Adventures with Grandma!

This past week, my sister Pam and her two boys were in town, and Grandma had big plans to make it memorable. We started our adventures with a trip to the dinosaur museum at Thanksgiving point. This was heaven on earth for little boys, they couldn't get enough. Ty was a bit hesitant to walk under this "long-neck". His cousin, Braden, who was more than happy to be the brave one walked with him and then told him all about it. (Sorry the pic is a bit dark, I am not a skilled photographer.)





Then, the boys were ready to move on. The next stop was the water exibit. As you can see, Ty was pretty impressed by this mega shark. (I don't know the technical name) If you could see what happened next, Ty tried climbing over the railing to get a closer look. This is actually a bit disturbing if you ask me. Sharks these days freak my out, let alone one triple the size of a great white. The boys had loads of fun at the museum. The next place Grandma had in mind, was Jungle Jim's in Salt Lake. This was a mix betweeen a Chuck E. Cheese and Lagoon. They had rides for the kids and token games, but all in one building. Ty is quite the little daredevil and practically fearless, so he wanted to do every ride over and over. He even did some, like a roller coaster (which there is no picture because we were on it with the kids) and the mini swings, that his cousin Braden, who is 4, didn't want anything to do with. The one ride that did make him a bit nervous were the bumper cars. Braden could sense Ty's weakness and immediatly gained a sense of power. He kept ramming into Ty's car. After a few times of that and not being able to fight back, Ty yelled, "No get you! All done!" They have a sign posted at the front, "All parents ride free with children." So in order for Ty to get the full experience of the bumper cars, I took my parental responsibility and said I would ride with him. But that was not as easy as it sounds.
It took a good few minutes of rearraging my legs in ways I am sure they shouldn't bend, and I think I still have the impression of the side of the car in my left hip. But we gave Braden a few good bumps and then after realizing that doing that only shoved my shin into the front of the car, we spent the rest of the time running from him. Which, due to my extra weight, we were going much slower than Braden's quick car. But I think Ty had fun and Grandma and Pam were getting some good laughs. It is a good thing Ty is a skinny boy or both of us weren't fitting in that car. Thanks for everything Grandma!

Our next stop....THE CIRCUS!! We see Ringling Brothers tonight and we will be sure to update!!

3 comments:

ty and megs said...

how fun! i can't wait for mckinlay to have a cousin to play with. i love the bumper cars story. i can just picture it! you're such a trooper. :)

Cara said...

Loads of fun! I wish I could have been there to see the bumper cars.

Rach, Mike, Allie and Hadley said...

It makes me laugh just thinking about it! I am also sure that the Circus will be so much Fun, it will be debatable who will have more fun; kev or Ty...