Sunday, November 1, 2009

Happy Halloween


We love Halloween at our house! Well most of it and most of the time. The boys were so excited to be pirates and helped pick out everything for their costumes, but somewhere down the line, Jordo changed his mind. What can you do to convince a two-year old that a silly hat matters? You can't and so most the time, Ty was "Captain Pirate" and Jordo was just tagging along.


Our Halloween started Friday night at the annual family pumpkin carving party. The boys took that very seriously and were both there for every second of the job. Thanks to Kev who did it all and most the time had a small pirate on his lap.


After the pumpkins are carved, someone does a silly judging and gives out prizes. Ty's pumpkin won the scariest pirate and Jordo's for the happiest smile. Ty was thrilled. Even though everyone wins, he kept saying, "I won, I won, I can't believe I won!" He felt very privileged to have a prize for 'his' great efforts.

Kev and I even tried to have some Halloween spirit. My 'costume' has worked for three pregnancies now and should there be any more to come, I suspect it will continue. Kev always tries to be creative. Don't you think he did a great job this year?

We had so much fun this Halloween, even with a few tears, and hope everyone else did too. Kev ended up getting the boys to cooperate and they both willingly took this cute picture. Hooray for fall and the holidays! Now we are ready and excited for Thanksgiving.

5 comments:

Judy and KC said...

What a CUTE family! We loved spending Halloween with you guys - kids are what make the holidays fun! Thanks for sharing!!! (Kev cracks me up!!!)

ty and megs said...

sugar daddy. i love it! sounds like a super fun halloween! love your cute pirates too.

Kara said...

We had a pirate at our house too! Yea, Kevin's costume is great. I always call Dave my sugar daddy so we may need to look into that one year!

ferkyfam said...

I don't think I have seen cuter pirates anywhere! You guys are too cute! :)

JPHOWARDFAMILY said...

Where did Kev get that costume? That is great. WE have no halloween spirit....you guys are great!!