Thursday, September 11, 2008

Victory!

I have finished one of the most rewarding things as a parent. Ty is officially POTTY TRAINED! After almost 15 months of buying diapers for two kids, we have cut our diaper expense in half, that is huge! It definitely took some work and some bribing, which I am totally comfortable doing for things such as this, but we made it. Ty had some anxiety issues with going diaperless. Most children love to be naked and take every chance they get. Ty on the other hand, always wanted his diaper back on. So running around with nothing, or even underwear, was a big adjustment for him.

After a few days of thinking about nothing but potties and underwear, total dedication, complete exhaustion (for both Ty and me, but mostly me) and only one mishap, Ty had earned his prize. His prize was a scooter that he has wanted ever since he has been borrowing his friend Mason's. And now he is totally addicted. He wants to ride his scooter all the time, everywhere.

The money and diaper changing thing makes potty training really nice. But it is a bit sad to think my little boy is old enough to use the 'big potty'. He knows he's getting bigger too. This morning he came up and said, "Mom, it alright I play outside by myself?" He's not quite that big. I love that little kid so much and it's hard to see him growing up so fast and not needing me as much.

So here is my amazing little boy, who went from this...


...to this...

Best of luck to all of you who may be potty training or will be in the future!

14 comments:

Judy and KC said...

WOW!!! Way to go Ty (and Aubrey) I am SO proud of you. What a great step. I think you deserve a prize too Aubrey. Celebrate!!!

HeatherD said...

Yea for you guys! I look back on potty training Meg with such horror. I potty trained her at 22 months in preperation for Adin to come. I can't complain because it only took a week and she was solidly trained, BUT it was quite possibly the worst week of my life. It took everything I had to keep going. A little dramatic you might say, but I really mean it. Adin wont be getting potty trained till he is at least three... or maybe never.

ty and megs said...

yeah ty but YEAH AUBS! i'm not looking forward to potty training. i hope you treat yourself to a prize too. :)

John and Suzy said...

HURRAY! It is hard to see them grow up but since they are going to do it anyway, they might as well be potty trained.

JaMilLyN said...

Congrats Aubrey and Ty! And I would be lying if I said I can't wait to potty train mine. Great job!

Dave and Ashley Gay said...

Yeah!

Tell Ty-Ty and Uncle Dave and Aunt Ashley are super happy for him! And I still owe him fries and dip... :)

Jimmy, Cassie and Family said...

YEA! YOu will have to give me some tips. I think we will be there sooner than later!

Cal and Whit said...

Such a cute post! That is so cute that he asked if he could go and play outside all by himself...what a big boy! I love the pics and hooray for his new scooter!

JPHOWARDFAMILY said...

I am so glad that you stuck with it. It is so worth it!!! I just wish I could do the same with Josh.

The Tunnell Clan said...

I am super impressed! The joys we find in motherhood are great! It's totally true that they grow up too fast. P.S. Lunch sometime?

ferkyfam said...

GOOD JOB! It is so tiring to get there, but soooo worth it once it's done. I am glad it was only two days for you! That's awsome! Way to go TY!!!!

Matt, Karin, Sienna, Sadie & Tanner said...

That's awesome!! Having diapers on 2 isn't fun. I'm hoping to have that cut in half soon too. Sienna is mostly potty trained but I have never attempted undies yet....scary.

Your boys are so cute.

Kara said...

Yea for Ty! And you too! I must say it is pretty convenient with boys when you are out in the wild-finding a tree and when running errands cuz they don't have to touch public pottys!

Cara said...

Yeah for Ty! And woo hoo for you. I've started thinking about potty training Peyton....and that's about it. He looks so big with his scooter!