Monday, September 15, 2008

First Day of Preschool

Today Ty started preschool, sort of. I got together with some other moms in our neighborhood and we are all just taking turns teaching a few days a week. It will be nice for me to only teach every fifth week, and great for Ty to start learning some basics and interacting with other kids. He loves playing with friends, so this is going to be no problem for him.

Here's my little school boy who couldn't wait for today. He asked all morning if it was time to go yet and wouldn't let his back pack out of his sight. I could tell he was feeling pretty grown up when he told me, "Not my nigh nigh, not to preschool." For those of you who know Ty, you know how attatched he is to that little blanket.

Here's another picture of him trying to be cool with his hands in his pockets and trying not to smile. This kid is always making me laugh.

Well the other side to the story is, what did Jordan do while his big brother and best buddy was gone for the morning?

He waited until it was his turn to go out too. We had somewhere to be this morning, so he was busy for most of the time. But as soon as we got home and Jordan realized that Ty was outside with his preschool friends (this week it happened to be just a few doors down, in our four-plex), he went to the front door and kept knocking, hoping they would let him come out too. It sounds sad, but it was more cute than sad. Jordo wasn't upset, he just wanted to be part of the action and hang out with Ty. I thought we needed to let Ty enjoy his freedom, so Jordo stuck it out.

I know Ty isn't even three, but it is weird he's going to 'school'. Mostly that he's going somewhere, and is not with me. First the big potty, now preschool, and too soon, it will be kindergarten.

9 comments:

Judy and KC said...

Way to go Ty! That picture of him trying not to smile made me crack up, because I can remember his dad doing the exact same thing. He would try not to smile, but it would be of no use - he couldn't hide it. Cute litte Jordo wants to do EVERYTHING Ty does. What a cutie. Love those boys!!

Cal and Whit said...

Oh My Goodness, this post was so darling! I love how he looks in the second pic, like he is all ready for school and so cool! So cute!

Rach, Mike, Allie and Hadley said...

He is a little Kevin! He just needs a Trapper Keeper and it is him. I loved how Jordo knocked to get out of the house, maybe I should try that at work!

Jimmy, Cassie and Family said...

So Fun! But kinda sad too. I wouldn't mind if they stayed little forever!

Jenny said...

Yeah Ty! I bet he will love being on his own. I bet you will love having some one-one-one with little Jordo, too. We miss those cute cousins!

Malerie said...

So the part in his hair...how much , more big boy can he look like? So cute. Once you can have a part and go off with a backpack they are no longer just a kid; it's big kid time. How fun.

Mrs. Morgan said...

hey! good to hear from ya! your family is so cute! ps i already put that picture up... it's a few posts back with the lake pictures!

John and Suzy said...

He is such a goof! Too cute! And Jordo is just as cute. They grow up way to quick! I'm lucky to live so close and see them often.

Bryan and Allie said...

Thank you for educating Kevin about Capelli's Hair school! He's been a big help in answering alot of my questions! :) I'm excited to start cosmetology school and think it will be best for us. :)

By the way, your boys are adorable!