Wednesday, March 5, 2008

It's a Big Boy Bed!

First I must say, I loved and laughed at all the comments about scouting.

Next-We finally put Ty into a big boy bed and we went all the way and got bunk beds. We found some that can be seperated into two twins in case we aren't quite ready to do the top bunk thing when Jordo moves over, and these should last for a while. I guess with two boys there is no guarantee.It is a tight squeeze in our apartment bedroom, and what you can't see is a crib and another set of drawers. The boys love to play on the top, and Ty asks before bed and every nap, "Sleep up top Mom?" Luckily, the ladder comes off so we make sure we are there when they climb up. So far the transition has gone great. Ty was ready for a big boy bed and loves it.
On a cold day and not much to do we took an empty box and discovered if it was opened up and propped on Kev and some pillows, it made an excellent slide. Here's my dare devil two year old going down on his feet. He tried it every way possible. Here's some of our fun. (The next is a bit blurry, a true action shot)

9 comments:

ty and megs said...

my HUGE little brother still sleeps in the bunk bed that brennan and i slept in when we were kids. his feet hang over the edge, but he just loves that bed too much. so if you are lucky, that bunk of yours will last just as long. :)

Dave and Ashley Gay said...

I loved my bunk bed. Could you upload the pics in a bigger format, so we can click on them and see them better?

Craig and Jessica Smith said...

How funny! I just posted about Chloe getting a big girl bed today! Great minds think alike!

Cal and Whit said...

Hooray for a big boy bed, and a bunk bed at that! Wahoo! Your boys look so darling and that slide looks like a blast! Congrats to you both and to Ty for the ol' big boy bed!

Nicole said...

Wow, they are little men now! It is fun to watch them grow up. Cute idea, you two are great parents.

Kara said...

Yea for the bunk beds!! I bet Ty feels so cool in his big bed! Your kids are so fun!

Anonymous said...

I love the idea of getting bunk beds. We have all the pieces to a bunk bed that we store underneath our bed for future use. When I was a little girl my parents set up the bunk bed without the mattress on the bottom. I slept on the top and made a fort out of the bottom. I loved it. Your boys make me feel more like my little guy is normal. He is just so busy ALL the time and it seems like yours are too.

emily said...

Marshall had a bunk bed, well he still does, but he took them apart and has two beds in his room. One for him and one for Kate to sleep in when her room is so messy she can't find her bed. Oh, the joy.

Matt, Karin, Sienna, Sadie & Tanner said...

Yeah, who knows how long the beds will last with boys. Sienna ruined her crib by 6 months old by eating the sides. Seriously, our crib looks like a chew toy. Who has 8 teeth by 6 months? Anyway, bunk beds are so fun. I bet the boys will love them.