Saturday, February 16, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!

I want holidays to be fun at our house, but what to do with two little boys on Valentine's Day? Little girls, I would assume, would love the pink, the hearts and all the frill. But little boys, definitely my wild and crazy little boys, could care less. So we compromised. We had a balloon extravaganza, that most kids would love, but the balloons were Valentine colors. And we made the traditional holiday sugar cookies with my mom. She does a good job of letting Ty get truly involved and by the end he has tasted most the cookies he's decorated and he's wearing everything. She is a very good Grandma. We don't have pictures of that, but here are a few of our balloon bash!

We hope everyone enjoyed Valentine's Day as much as our little family did.

Ty loved running and jumping into a pile of balloons and watching them go everywhere.

Jordo had just woken up and was trying to take it all in.We put all the balloons into the corner and made our own balloon pit. Two days later, Ty is still jumping into it and burying himself and then finding himself again! He jumps out and yells, "Oh, here I am Mommy!"

6 comments:

ty and megs said...

how cute aubs! and i LOVE that last picture of your cute boys!

Melissa said...

Looks like you guys had an awesome Valentine's Day!! Now that the weather is getting nicer we should get out and do something with the kids.

Ashlee said...

Fun!Who doesn't like balloons? I know what you mean having boys on valentines is not the same as girls. Since our anniversary is 2 days before Valentines day we really don't celebrate it. Poor Mac. Maybe next year I'll have to do a balloon thing or some kind of treat basket so he doesn't feel left out.

Cara said...

How fun are you????? Looks like a blast.

emily said...

They look like they had fun, my only question is where are the pictures of them helping with the cookies and eating the cookies, I want to see that!!

Matt, Karin, Sienna, Sadie & Tanner said...

Your boys are so adorable. Ty is such a character. I love the potato head pictures. Your house looks fun for Valentine's Day. I was in Utah and Matt was in Texas, how fun!

Too bad we don't live close. It would've been fun to get to know you better and have the kiddos play. Pretty soon I'll have 2 girls, that would be fun.

Anyway, take care!
Karin