Monday, January 4, 2010

Daddy time!

So with all the craziness of a new baby, the one big plus was having Kev home all the time. With the holidays it worked out that he got almost two full weeks, which was awesome. The boys soaked up every second and Kev was the perfect Dad, doing everything he could with them while he could. Here are a few highlights....

Ty could be outside all day, every day, all year. He checks the window every morning to see if there is still snow outside and if any new snow has fallen. They played outside a lot and
of course built all sorts of things.

The traditional snowman with a spray painted face and small head carefully constructed by Ty. A snow dog that they have been begging for ever since they saw it in a Christmas book, and

Don't forget the snow turtle, also made by Ty. (They also built a fort, but we didn't get pics)

Then a sledding trip. Jordo stayed home on this one for some Mommy time since sledding isn't really his thing and he would have gotten tired real fast, but Ty couldn't get enough.

Kev said he was running up the hill and sledding down as fast as he could. A huge improvement for Ty since he sort of has a reputation of being a little wimpy with these kind of things. But he gets tougher every day, kind of.

There was much more at home just playing games, ball, wrestling and anything else they could think of. I love you Kev! Thanks for being the perfect Dad and doing all you can to make my days easier.

5 comments:

Cal and Whit said...

Such cute pics of your boys and that one of Kev and Ty is so darling! What a fun couple of weeks! A new sister...and DAD home for a few days! I bet you guys were in Heaven!

JaMilLyN said...

You have such a cute family, Aubrey. LOVE the pictures!

Judy and KC said...

Such fun with dad at home! I'm so glad it worked out that he could be there those first two weeks. Ty was SO cute sledding - making his dad so proud! So brave.

Trevor and Brooke said...

Hi Aubrey and Kevin....Wow, Brooke is so beautiful! She looks like such a cute mix of you two. I love her kissable cheeks...what a perfect gift for Christmas. The boys are so cute too. What a beautiful family you have. I missed not seeing you all and catching up at Christmas. Can't wait to see her next time I am there. Good job you two! Love you, Aunt Donna

P.S. Good choice in names! I have to say, they worked well for me! So glad to see them live on with family.

Trevor and Brooke said...

Sorry I am signed in as Brooke...I forgot my password....I really am Aunt Donna