Thursday, August 20, 2009

Happy Birthday!

Today Kev turned 27! It's weird since I remember celebrating his 17th birthday with him. We have had a lot of great birthdays since then and today was a lot of fun. Well, Kev didn't get much of a break, but the boys and I sure loved having him home for the day.


We started the day with going out to breakfast and then after I got mad at him for cleaning the house, we headed up to Bridal Veil Falls. I tried to show them how fun it was and got my feet wet, and that water is freezing!

Here's Jordo. His face shows how cold it really is, but it didn't stop him. By the time we left he was much wetter than we were wanting.

Ty started out pretty hesitant, but here he is announcing his victory since he made it all the way to these rocks. He doesn't like to be uncomfortable, so the cold water took some getting used to.

Soaking my feet in freezing water isn't what I consider relaxing, but the boys loved it. This was a fun change of pace and a great break in our day. But everything is better when Dad is home from work with us.

Happy Birthday to my best friend and the absolute love of my life. Thanks for making everyday amazing and sacrificing so much for our little family. We love you!

4 comments:

JPHOWARDFAMILY said...

Happy Birthday. I can't believe you played in the water...it is really cold. It looks like you had fun.

Dave and Ashley Gay said...

Happy Birthday Kev!

Judy and KC said...

Happy Birthday dear Kevin! We love you SO much and are so proud of the wonderful person you are. Thanks for being such a great son, husband, father, and brother.

Cal and Whit said...

Happy Birthday Kev! It looks like you had a great day!! We hope that you had a very happy Birthday!!