Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The Real Reason We Bake Cookies

So Sunday afternoon I had a full on craving for some good cookies, more so the cookie dough. Ty was helping and shortly after Jordo was there too. We finally got the dough all mixed and then for the fun part....









I know this is strictly forbidden in some homes. But this was one of my favorite parts about making cookies when I was a kid, as long as we were done before Dad got home (he would have forbidden it if he could).
Kev is a good sport. He isn't snacking and licking like me and the boys, but he knows that eating cookie dough is pretty much part of my soul, so he sits back and lets it happen.
Maybe my kids will have fond memories of our cookie dough days too.

7 comments:

JaMilLyN said...

Mmm... cookie dough is good.

It was good to see you the other day. You are quite the hot and skinny mom!

Karin said...

I'm all about eating cookie dough. I had friends growing up that were absolutely not allowed and they would always tell me I was going to get salmonella. (spelling?) As long as you eat it fresh without it sitting out forever it's all good. :) Yummy, you just made me want to bake some cookies.

Dave and Ashley Gay said...

What's life without a little salmonella?! It's all worth it!

Dave, M.D.

not quite :)

Jimmy, Cassie and Family said...

I try not to make cookies when Jim is around or I end up with only half the cookie dough. It must be a Gay thing.

McGuire's said...

I so agree, dough is always better!

Matt, Karin, Sienna, Sadie & Tanner said...

It is gross to think about but the icing I use is shortening based. I do like the taste of it on the cake though. It's a basic Wilton recipe and then you just add different amounts of water for the density and depending if it is for frosting or decorating.

There is this 10 day decorating class in IL that I want to go do at the Wilton headquarters but it is expensive and 10 days... We'll see.

Tan + Es said...

Mmmmmm...I knew there was a reason we're friends. I don't care what disease people threaten me with - I would basically risk life and limb for anything chocolate. :)
Hey, my old blog was in a weird account and stuff... the new one is just www.tanandes.blogspot.com