Tuesday, December 4, 2007

The First Snowman

On Saturday when we had a really good snow fall, Ty woke up very excited. So I decided to get over my hate for the cold and take him outside. I started bundling him up and preparing and when he was all ready, so was Kev. I told him he didn't have to, I would go, but he said he would. So they were off and they started building.
Ty helped a little, but mostly he was walking around saying, "Mom, I play in the snow! Dad, I play in the snow!" I should have kept track of how many times he said it. It was so fun watching him take it all in.
Then they were done! We had an accident with the oreo before it could get put in as an eye. Ty was so proud. When it was time to come in, he was NOT ready. I told Kev thanks for doing that, and he said, "Are you kidding? That was the first snowman with my son." He is such a great dad. Ty faithfully checked up on his snowman out the window and anytime we went anywhere or came home. Then Monday after his nap, I heard a yell, "Oh No! My snowman" So I went to see what had happened....

There he was. Ty wasn't sure what happened to his new friend. After a few minutes of talking about it, he felt better, only with the promise that when it snowed again, we could build a new one. Ty might be the only reason I like the snow this year.

10 comments:

Cal and Whit said...

That is so cute! I love the pic of him and Kev next to the snow man! How fun! The one where it is all melted made me feel bad for Ty...what a cute kid!

ty and megs said...

sounds like ty needs to watch "frosty the snowman" 'cause "he'll be back again some day!"
how cute and kevin is such a cute dad! i love the comment about the first snowman with his son. :)
thanks for the bangs comment. it was my first attempt at cutting my own bangs. i just meant to trim up the swoopy bangs a little, but it evolved. i guess you could say i got a little carried away with the sizzors.

heather said...

That is such a cute story. And I love the picture progression with it. I was surprised to see the snow melted. Our's has yet to melt.

Steve and Steph said...

Your family is so cute. I saw your post on Meghans page and thought I would say hi. Your boys are way cute and I love the snowmen pictures.

Anonymous said...

You guys look too cute!!!

ANdrea Gay

Rach, Mike, Allie and Hadley said...

I want to build a snowman!!! Maybe Ty and I can build one when we come out in a week! Pray for snow in a week!!!

Jenny said...

I loved the snowman's face. We're excited to see you in a week! We miss you guys!

Dona said...

I think that this is my favorite post so far. Poor Ty, losing his friend the snowman in such an untimely fashion.
I love reading your blog. Your boys are adorable.

Melissa said...

Hay Aubs- I can't believe your kid likes to get his hands in the snow. Mine is afraid to touch it by herself. We need to get together sometime!!

Cara said...

So cute and so sad for Ty! Britney came home from a friends to find "Frosty" had been utterly destroyed by her older brother, his friend and younger sister. To say she was upset...understatement! Kev is an awesome Dad and husband and you are an adorable family!