Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

The day started and we were all going to get dressed. Kev had reminded the boys before he left that they needed to wear green, and Ty took that very seriously. I picked out this shirt:




Ty refused to wear it, saying it wasn't "all green". I explained that it didn't have to be "all green" and he didn't have anything all green. He wanted to look in my room and this is what he found:


I had to tuck it in and tried to roll the sleeves, cause it was so big. He wore that shirt proudly all day and kept talking about telling Dad that he could show him his "all green" shirt. Jordo was just happy to be invited to Ty's preschool party.

The kids had so much fun finding a pot of gold, playing 'pin the pot of gold on the rainbow', playing outside (thanks to the awesome weather lately!) and eating a very green lunch!
Here's Ty pinning the gold. He did pretty good, but it took a few minutes to get him comfortable with the idea of a blindfold. (I missed Jordo's but he wasn't as interested).
And of course we had a GREEN dinner. Fettucine Alfredo with a little food coloring, broccoli, green bread (you can't see that, but it's probably best, it looked pretty gross), and the soda. Ty was helping me out with dinner and noticed the magic of food coloring. He started asking to put it in everything. The boiling water, the butter, whatever he thought would be cool green. I love that kids love any excuse to celebrate anything. I cooked for my parents that night and my Dad was less than pleased with his spread. I figure if they won't have a little fun, I'll help them out :)!

9 comments:

Cal and Whit said...

So Cute with all the green! That is darling that he wanted to wear a shirt that was 'all green'. Nice dinner by the way, very creative! Your boys look so big!

JPHOWARDFAMILY said...

That's great. Josh walked around saying he was a leprechan. We had green mashed potatoes, green salad, green koolaid, and green rice krispie treats. FUN!!! Kids are great to play.

Dave and Ashley Gay said...

Dad loves playing up the grumpy old man persona!

Kara said...

You are the cutest mom! I think Grant and Jordan are wearing the same St Patty's day shirt. What handsome fellows!

JaMilLyN said...

oh, you are such a cute mom, aubrey... one day i might go out like you, maybe.

Matt, Karin, Sienna, Sadie & Tanner said...

How funny that he wouldn't wear his shirt. What a cutie.

ferkyfam said...

What a fun day! St. Patty's day is so exciting for the little people. I'm glad your kids enjoyed it so much. :)

Jimmy, Cassie and Family said...

You are so good! I forgot all about it. I'll have to follow your example next year.

Melissa said...

That's awesome. I want to know- when do kids get to have opinions about stuff? I thought that since I am the mom, I get to tell my kids what to do. Things have changed:) Way to roll with it. I would have lost it especially when I had something already picked out.